Saturday 7 January 2012

Down a dark alley...

You know I like street art. I also like to watch an occasional thriller. Last night I sat through The Ghost Writer, starring Ewan McGregor. It was okay. Lots of atmospheric woodland scenes, and moody windswept beaches, but what I missed was a gritty, big city alley scene. Preferably with some interesting graffiti.

So I was happy to come across the trailer for the upcoming Men in Black 3. It features graffiti and a genuine New York alley - Cortlandt Alley in Chinatown. The same one Crocodile Dundee spent some time in on the New York leg of his adventures. And despite Will Smith's dialogue, Cortlandt Alley is located south of Canal, but what can you expect from a guy who lives in L.A.? 

Here's the trailer. Note the contrast between the alley and the top of the Chrysler Building. Only in New York...

    IMDb    Website    Wikipedia   

No comments: