Tuesday 5 June 2012

"Eggsistence"

Until you're ready, you're not. Open your eyes. The search for meaning goes on everywhere. 

The meaning of life through the
eyes of a turtle... with kneepads. 

Eggsistence was created by Team Infinite Jest in 12 hours for the NYC Film Race 2007. Teams were challenged to create an original short film based on a theme assignment (a fortune) and a surprise element (an egg). 

It is this that it is, which is that which you seek.
In Annie Hall, Woody Allen explained things this way.
I thought of that old joke, you know, this-this-this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, "Doc, uh, my brother's crazy. He thinks he's a chicken." And, uh, the doctor says, "Well, why don't you turn him in?"  And the guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs." Well, I guess that's pretty much how how I feet about relationships. You know, they're totally irrational and crazy and absurd and... but, uh, I guess we keep goin' through it because, uh, most of us need the eggs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute huh?

Kathy said...

"It is this that it is which is that which you seek."
I found it interesting that we can be so amused by a well-written movie which featured an inanimate toy as a star. The strength in this movie is the writing.