Wednesday 27 February 2013

The Los Angeles story

Anne Lower, the famous Princess Scribe of Twitterland, has just had three videos she wrote released on YouTube and elsewhere.

They deal with the history of Los Angeles and, no, it's a not a rerun of Sunset Blvd. (1950), Rebel Without a Cause (1955), The Long Goodbye (1973), Chinatown (1974), Lethal Weapon (1987), Die Hard (1988), Barton Fink (1991), L.A. Story (1991), Speed (1994), Pulp Fiction (1994), Devil in a Blue Dress (1995), Mulholland Falls (1996), L.A. Confidential (1997), The Big Lebowski (1998), Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988), Training Day (2001), Matchstick Men (2003), Collateral (2004), Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005), The Black Dahlia (2006), The Lincoln Lawyer, (2011), or Gangster Squad (2013). But listen closely and you might hear echoes of all those films, and others.

Here are the videos. They are short, interesting and well written.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Henry!

LOL. These were created for the LA Area Chamber of Commerce's celebration this year. Cavalry hired me; it was an honor to come on board for this project and now, I can literally tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the real LA but were afraid to ask! I am a history buff; my father was an architect so this was a JOY to research!

Henry Sheppard said...

I love the L.A. of the movies. Pity I've never been there...

Ed Love said...

Fascinating stuff! I've only spent a short time in LA, but was amazed when a friend drove me through a very leafy green section of the city that went on for miles & miles.

I never saw that on the big screen! Well, not in modern films, anyway.

I love how even the locals mess up its name sometimes. e.g. the LA Angels :)

Chance said...

Well written, Anne. I have done a lot of that work and it turns my brain to mush. You really got it right.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ed and Chance!

There are a lot of hidden treasures in this city, that I love to share with people, especially in the DTLA area. So this was kind of a perfect project for me!